Starting RAGWITEKAlthough you may not be thinking about ragweed allergies or experiencing any ragweed allergy symptoms, the best time to start talking to your allergy specialist about RAGWITEK is at least a few months before ragweed allergy season starts. Starting treatment early may give your body time to become less sensitive in preparation for the ragweed pollen season. Ragweed pollen season varies regionally. Talk to your allergy specialist to find out when you should start RAGWITEK in your region.
Not actual product
How To Take RAGWITEK
- Take the tablet from the blister package with dry hands.
- Take the tablet immediately after removing it from the blister package.
- RAGWITEK dissolves quickly when placed under the tongue. After taking it, don’t swallow for at least 1 minute.
- Do not take RAGWITEK with food or beverage.
- Do not eat or drink for 5 minutes after taking the tablet.
- Wash hands after taking the tablet.
Your allergy specialist will also prescribe epinephrine
Dosing recommendation for RAGWITEK
Possible Side Effects
The most commonly reported side effects of RAGWITEK were itching of the mouth, lips, or tongue, swelling under the tongue, or throat irritation. These side effects, by themselves, were not dangerous or life-threatening.
RAGWITEK can cause severe allergic reactions that may be life-threatening. Stop taking RAGWITEK and get medical treatment right away if you have any of the following symptoms after taking RAGWITEK:
- Trouble breathing
- Throat tightness or swelling
- Trouble swallowing or speaking
- Dizziness or fainting
- Rapid or weak heartbeat
- Severe stomach cramps or pain, vomiting or diarrhea
- Severe flushing or itching of the skin
RAGWITEK is a prescription medicine used for sublingual (under the tongue) immunotherapy to treat ragweed pollen allergies that can cause sneezing, runny or itchy nose, stuffy or congested nose, or itchy and watery eyes. RAGWITEK may be prescribed for persons 18 through 65 years of age who are allergic to ragweed pollen.
RAGWITEK is taken for about 12 weeks before ragweed pollen season and throughout ragweed pollen season.
RAGWITEK is NOT a medication that gives immediate relief for symptoms of ragweed allergy.
For a Medication Guide with more information about RAGWITEK, click here.